Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Who I am?

I would never order a skim-milk, decaf latte at Starbucks - I like my coffee dark and strong. There is a time to be gentle and to compromise, but there are also times when I am prepared to disagree and stand my ground. I can quote Yeats and Kant, but also don't mind getting my hands dirty. You would have to pay me to watch a Hugh Grant movie – my taste is more Kurosawa, Kubrick, and Scorsese. I moved to Boston a year ago after living a couple of years in NYC. I am very happy to have found a calling that allows me to working with and help people from different walks of life. I eat carb, and I never wear or drink anything pink. I'm more impressed by a person's character than his achievement. I love seeing beauty in imperfections and common places. Most important of all, I understand passion - I crave it and I live it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Hey, figured since I'd replied to your comment at Cocksanddolls, I'd also check out your blog. Kubrick and Kurosawa are great directors, so's Scorsese, although 'About a Boy' was a Hugh Grant movie I would gladly watch voluntarily, so he isn't ALL bad (but yes he is pretty bad, especially since my friend pointed out the thing he does with his eyes--he bats and flutters to no end and it's incredibly distracting on top of his terrible acting).

In any case, I was wondering which Kurosawa movie you liked in particular...

Rich

10:03 PM  
Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Sorry, did you write someting?? I just saw the photo.

9:08 PM  
Blogger CoatMan said...

No skimmed milk, no pink, quoting and disagreeing? I think that I'll read your 'blog more often...

8:01 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

so, do you ever meet guys? like at all?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Wombat & Aspen said...

Good God, could you be more pretentious? How do you even stand yourself? Reading your blog is like bathing in battery acid while rubbing raw onion into my eyes.

BTW Smarty-pants - exactly which carb do you eat?

Midwest

10:06 PM  
Blogger Loveandotheraccidents said...

Midwest,

If reading my blog is causing you so much pain, then great! Oh sorry, I meant to say: do thyself a favor and go read someone else's blog.

P.S. This is not an active blog. I'm not actively seeking a book deal out of a blog. As I have said, I have a job that I find very rewarding already.

Much love.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home